Ages and Stages Social/Emotional Questionnaires (ASQ: SE-2)
Parent-completed questionnaires that reliably identify young children at risk for social or emotional difficulties.
Screens 7 key behavioral areas—self-regulation, compliance, communication, adaptive functioning, autonomy, affect, and interaction with people.
The 7 Key Behavioral Areas:
- Self Regulation: The child’s ability to calm or settle down or adjust to physiological or environmental conditions or stimulation.
- Compliance: The child’s ability or willingness to conform to the direction of others and follow rules.
- Adaptive Functioning: The child’s success or ability to cope with physiological needs.
- Autonomy: The child’s ability or willingness to self-initiate or respond without guidance.
- Affect: The child’s ability to demonstrate his or her own feelings and empathy for others.
- Social-Communication: The child’s ability to interact with others by responding or initiating verbal or nonverbal signals.
- Interaction with People: The child’s ability to respond or initiate social responses to parents, other adults, or peers.