The Ages and Stages Questionnaires (ASQ) screeners are sets of valid, reliable, and age-appropriate questionnaires that were developed to be are filled out by the…
Developmental and behavioral health screenings.
Healthcare providers have an irreplaceable role when discussing developmental and behavioral concerns and supporting families in seeking assistance. However, healthcare providers may be pressed for time and unable search for non-medical resources for patients and/or may need additional support for at-risk families in the community.
Refer a patient.
Help Me Grow Marin County is here to partner with you, and with the families you serve. Our staff can help you access referral recommendations or connect families with developmental screening tools or care coordination assistance for children birth through five.
Together as partners, Help Me Grow and healthcare providers can promote universal screening and supports, early detection, and intervention efforts to give children a strong start in life.
You can connect a family directly to Help Me Grow Marin by completing our referral form and sending it to us by fax or email. All Marin County children from birth through age twelve are eligible to receive information, be referred to appropriate services, resources and receive screening from Help Me Grow Marin regardless of income and immigration status. We encourage you to speak with the family about Help Me Grow before you make the referral.
Center For Disease Control: Milestone Tracker.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has developed a Tracker App for parents to monitor and track your child’s milestones in how he or she plays, learns, speaks, acts, and moves. Photos and videos in this app illustrate each milestone and make tracking them for your child easy and fun!
- Add a Child – enter personalized information about your child or multiple children
- Milestone Tracker – track your child’s developmental progress by looking for important milestones using an interactive, illustrated checklist
- Milestone Photos and Videos – know what each milestone looks like so that you can better identify them in your own child
- Tips and Activities – support your child’s development at every age
- When to Act Early – know when it’s time to “act early” and talk with your child’s doctor about developmental concerns
- Appointments – keep track of your child’s doctors’ appointments and get reminders about recommended developmental screenings
- Milestone Summary – get a summary of your child’s milestones to view, and share with or email to your child’s doctor and other important care providers
The use of this app is not a substitute for the use of validated, standardized developmental screening tools as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
I'm really glad to know that the developmental screening data from the Marin Community Clinics are part of a larger story for all children in Marin County. With Help Me Grow Marin, we can see what young children need and the gaps in what's currently available, and we can advocate for increased early intervention resources and services to support our youngest patients and their families.
How we help healthcare providers.
Learn more about screenings and how to get started.
Contact us for free and confidential support & resources.
Helpful resourcesSee all resources
for healthcare providers.
The Ages and Stages Questionnaires(ASQ) screeners are sets of valid, reliable, and age-appropriate questionnaires that were developed to be filled out by the true expert…
Here you will find links to current journals and pdf's regarding developmental screenings, surveillance and assessments.