Ages and Stages Developmental Questionnaire (ASQ-3)
ASQ-3 is a set of simple questionnaires trusted for more than 20 years to check child development. There are 21 ASQ-3 questionnaires for use with children from 1 month to 66 months old (one questionnaire for each age range). Here are the five important areas of development that each questionnaire looks at:
- Communication: Your child’s language skills, both what your child understands and what he or she can say.
- Gross Motor: How your child uses their arms and legs and other large muscles for sitting, crawling, walking, running, and other activities.
- Fine Motor: Your child’s hand and finger movement and coordination.
- Problem Solving: How your child plays with toys and solves problems.
- Personal-Social: Your child’s self-help skills and interactions with others.
The “Overall” section asks open-ended questions about the child’s development and lets one weigh in with any concerns they may have.