Family & Community Engagement.
Family and Community Engagement is key to promoting the use of Help Me Grow and providing networking opportunities among families and community-based service providers.
Help Me Grow starts with family
and community engagement.
Family & Community Engagement builds parent and provider understanding of healthy child development, supportive services available to families in the community, and how both are important to improving children’s outcomes.
Parents and caregivers a child’s first and most important teacher. Observing how the child behaves and grows over time will help nurture and encourage a child’s healthy development. When potential concerns are spotted early on they can be easier to address.
Family and Community Engagement is key to promoting the use of Help Me Grow and providing networking opportunities among families and community-based service providers. Nurturing and cultivating these relationships is primary in building a trusting system of care. Help Me Grow staff work to engage families by participating in community meetings, forums, public events, fairs, and facilitating sessions that help families learn about child development and their role as primary educator in a child’s life.
Parent support and training.
- Provide developmental and/or behavioral screenings with an evidence-based tool
- Connection to community resources and service agencies for families.
- Provide Care Coordination and follow-up for families to ensure success of connection to services.
- Reports back to referring provider detailing outcomes of Help Me Grow referral.
- Provide staff training and support on the use of the developmental and behavioral health screening, child development or other topics
- Provide information and training for parents on the importance of developmental screenings, child development or other topics
- Facilitate collaborative work in quality improvement for young children and their families in Marin County
Explore all of the Help Me Grow services.
Contact us for free and confidential support & resources.
How we’re able to help.
By supporting our young children today, we promote
healthier and more prosperous communities tomorrow.